Implementing Investigations 3
This 7-week online course supports participants in learning about the content and pedagogy of Investigations 3 and in using it to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Summer course: June 21–August 1, 2017
Tuition: $500 per participant
Have Questions? Contact us to learn more, for information on hosting a workshop, or to have a conversation about which offering might be best given your particular situation/needs.
In This Course, Participants…
- see and experience the alignment of Investigations 3 with the Common Core
- explore mathematics with an emphasis on the development of sound number sense and a deep understanding of numerical relationships and arithmetic operations
- learn about 2-D geometry and measurement and how they connect to ideas in number and computation
- work on the ideas, models and representations for fractions that support students’ understanding
- assess students’ understanding of the four operations of arithmetic by examining student work
- analyze classroom videos that illustrate student thinking, pedagogy, and assessment
- read articles about teaching and learning mathematics
- learn with and from fellow participants
I am always a bit skeptical of online courses… but this was better than some courses I’ve taken in an actual physical classroom!
— II3 Online Course Participant
Who Should Attend
K-5 teachers, coaches, and staff implementing Investigations 3 for the first time; people who have some experience with Investigations and want to learn more about the content of Investigations 3.
Receive a certificate indicating 40 clock hours upon completion of the course.
Apply for 3 graduate credits through Framingham State University, for an additional fee of $225 paid to FSU. Information and applications are available the first week of the course.