This four-day workshop familiarizes participants with the content of Investigations 3. « Return to Workshops and Institutes
- Bismarck, ND: June 25 – June 28, 2018 (Closed)
- Ray School, Hanover, NH: June 26 – 29, 2018 (Canceled)
- EDCO Collaborative, Bedford, MA: July 24 – July 27, 2018; 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Tuition: $450 per participant
Have Questions? Contact us to learn more, for information on hosting a workshop, or to have a conversation about which offering might be best given your particular situation/needs.
In This Course, Participants…
- explore mathematics, with an emphasis on the development of sound number sense and a deep understanding of numerical relationships and arithmetic operations
- learn about 2-D geometry and measurement and how they connect to ideas in number and computation
- work on ideas, models, and representations for fractions that support students’ understanding
- assess students’ understanding of the four operations of arithmetic by examining student work
- analyze classroom videos that illutrate student thinking, pedagogy, and assessment
- read articles about teaching and learning mathematics
- learn with and from fellow participants
I walked away with many valuable tools to support our teachers. I believe I will be able to have a more positive impact on instruction and student learning.
— Participant, Kansas
Who Should Attend
K-5 teachers, coaches, and staff implementing Investigations 3 for the first time; people who have some experience with Investigations and want to learn more about the content of Investigations 3.
Receive a certificate indicating 24 clock hours upon completion of the workshop.
3 graduate credits available through Framingham State University, for an additional fee of $225 paid to FSU. Information and applications available the first day of the workshop.