This two-day Institute is designed both to familiarize participants with how Investigations 3 supports implementation of the Math Practices and to dig deeply into four of these Practices:
- Math Practice 2: Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Math Practice 4: Model with mathematics
- Math Practice 7: Look for and make use of structure
- Math Practice 8: Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning
Currently, there are no upcoming Institutes
Tuition: $225 per participant
Have Questions? Contact us to learn more, for information on hosting a workshop, or to have a conversation about which offering might be best given your particular situation/needs.
In This Course, Participants…
- learn about the Mathematical Practices in the Common Core and what they look like in elementary classrooms
- do mathematics together to explore Math Practices 2, 4, 7, 8
- investigate print and video examples of students engaged in Math Practices 2, 4, 7, 8 as they work on Investigations activities
- become familiar with the teacher supports for these Math Practices in Investigations 3, including the Math Practice Essays, Math Practice Notes, and assessments for the Math Practices
I know my instruction will be stronger now that my understanding of the math practices has deepened.
— Participant, Massachusetts
Who Should Attend
Math coaches and teachers implementing Investigations 3 who want to learn about support for the Math Practices.
Receive a certificate indicating 12 clock hours upon completion of the Institute.
Graduate Credit (Pending)
2 graduate credits available to participants who register for both Math Practice Institutes through Framingham State University, for an additional fee of $150 paid to FSU. Information and applications available the first day of the workshop.