This two-day workshop is designed both to familiarize participants with how Investigations 3 supports implementation of the Math Practices and to dig deeply into four of these Practices:
- Math Practice 1: Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- Math Practice 3: Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others
- Math Practice 5: Use appropriate tools strategically
- Math Practice 6: Attend to precision
In This Course, Participants…
- learn about the Mathematical Practices in the Common Core and what they look like in elementary classrooms
- do mathematics together to explore Math Practices 1, 3, 5, and 6
- investigate print and video examples of students engaged in Math Practices 1, 3, 5, and 6 as they work on Investigations activities
- become familiar with the teacher supports for these Math Practices in Investigations 3, including the Math Practice Essays, Math Practice Notes, and assessments for the Math Practices
- July 9-10, 2019
- August 13-14, 2019
Location: EDCO, Bedford, MA
Tuition: $250 per participant
Who Should Attend Math coaches and teachers who have experience implementing Investigations 3 and want to learn more about the Math Practices.
Contact Hours Participants receive a certificate for 13 contact hours/PDPs (MA only) upon completion of the workshop.
Graduate Credit 2 credits are available to participants who register for both Math Practice Workshops through Framingham State University, for an additional fee of $150 paid to FSU. Information will be shared via email prior to the workshop.
Have Questions? Contact us to learn more, or for information on hosting a workshop.
“I know my instruction will be stronger now that my understanding of the math practices has deepened.”— Participant, Massachusetts