This two-day workshop is designed both to familiarize participants with how Investigations 3 supports implementation of the Math Practices and to dig deeply into four of these Practices:
- Math Practice 2: Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Math Practice 4: Model with mathematics
- Math Practice 7: Look for and make use of structure
- Math Practice 8: Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning
In this workshop, participants:
- learn about the Mathematical Practices in the Common Core and what they look like in elementary classrooms
- do mathematics together to explore Math Practices 2, 4, 7, 8
- investigate print and video examples of students engaged in Math Practices 2, 4, 7, 8 as they work on Investigations activities
- become familiar with the teacher supports for these Math Practices in Investigations 3, including the Math Practice Essays, Math Practice Notes, and assessments for the Math Practices
No Workshop is currently scheduled.
Tuition: $250 per participant
Who Should Attend Math coaches and teachers who have experience implementing Investigations 3 and want to learn more about the Math Practices.
Contact Hours Participants receive a certificate for 13 contact hours/PDPs (MA only) upon completion of the workshop.
Graduate Credit 2 credits are available to participants who register for both Math Practice Workshops through Framingham State University, for an additional fee of $150 paid to FSU. Information will be shared via email prior to the workshop.
Have Questions? Check our FAQ or contact us to learn more, or for information on hosting a workshop.
“I learned that the mathematical practices are never mastered but continually built upon as students learn new content and discover new rules in mathematics.”