This four-day workshop familiarizes participants with the content of Investigations 3. « Return to Face-to-Face Courses
Tuition: $500 per participant
Have Questions? Contact us to learn more, for information on hosting a workshop, or to have a conversation about which offering might be best given your particular situation/needs.
In This Course, Participants…
- explore mathematics, with an emphasis on the development of sound number sense and a deep understanding of numerical relationships and arithmetic operations
- learn about 2-D geometry and measurement and how they connect to ideas in number and computation
- work on ideas, models, and representations for fractions that support students’ understanding
- assess students’ understanding of the four operations of arithmetic by examining student work
- analyze classroom videos that illutrate student thinking, pedagogy, and assessment
- read articles about teaching and learning mathematics
- learn with and from fellow participants
I walked away with many valuable tools to support our teachers. I believe I will be able to have a more positive impact on instruction and student learning.
— Participant, Kansas
Who Should Attend
K-5 teachers, coaches, and staff implementing Investigations 3 for the first time; people who have some experience with Investigations and want to learn more about the content of Investigations 3.
Receive a certificate indicating 24 clock hours upon completion of the workshop.
Apply for 3 graduate credits through Framingham State University, for an additional fee of $225 paid to FSU. Information and applications available the first day of the workshop.