Understanding Operations K-5, Part 2
This three-day workshop focuses on how understanding operations and reasoning algebraically helps students with computational fluency.
Tuition is $375 per participant.
Contact us to learn more, for information on hosting a workshop, or to have a conversation about which offering might be best given your particular situation/needs.
In This Course, Participants…
- have focused time to spend on algebraic reasoning in the number and operations strand for themselves as learners
- see how to explicitly embed generalized arithmetic in the number strand sessions of Investigations and consider its importance in addressing the needs of the range of learners
- view video and examine student work to see how K-5 students engage with algebraic ideas
- examine the role of representation and justification in algebraic reasoning with a focus on when a justification is ‘done’
- identify times and ways for making algebraic ideas explicit in the classroom
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for grades K to 5 teachers who have been using Investigations in their classroom for at least one year and/or have attended our Investigations in the Classroom OR Building Computational Fluency, and our Understanding Operations K-5, Part 1 workshops.
Participants receive a Certificate of Completion indicating the course clock hours (18) when they complete the course.
Participants can apply for 1 graduate credit through Framingham State University, for an additional fee of $75 paid to FSU. Information and applications are available from the course facilitator on the first week of the course.