At each grade level, the Implementing Investigations guide includes:
- an overview of the curriculum as a whole and at that grade;
- a closer look at the mathematics content, organized by strand, that includes lists of the Math Focus Points and benchmarks;
- summaries of the Classroom Routines and or Ten-Minute Math activities, including the variations that will be explored over the course of the year;
- program-wide Teacher Notes that explain some key ideas underlying the curriculum;
- a set of case studies about working with a range of learners that can be used for professional development;
- scope and sequence information for the previous grade, that grade, and the subsequent grade; and
- an Index.
Read an example of a K-5 Teacher Note about Mathematical Discussions (pdf).
Read teacher-written cases about the range of learners, and about creating supportive and productive learning environments.