Included in the components that make up Investigations are features that:
- provide professional development for teachers
- help teachers support the range of learners in her/his classroom
- make explicit the early algebraic ideas in the curriculum, and opportunities to explore them
- provide regular opportunities for students to discuss important mathematical ideas, and to review and practice them
- support families in learning about the curriculum and their child’s thinking; and in doing mathematics together at home
- suggest mathematical children’s literature for teachers and families
The Curriculum in the Classroom section supports teachers and leaders in understanding the importance of such features, and in thinking about how to use them to support teaching and learning.