Investigations Professional Development
- Investigations 3 in the K-5 Classroom (4 days)
- Math Practices in Investigations 3 Institute: MP 2, 4, 7, 8 (2 days)
- Math Practices in Investigations 3 Institute: MP 1, 3, 5, 6 (2 days)
Our Workshops and Institutes offers hands-on, engaging experiences focused on the work that teachers/administrators do with their students/teachers around mathematics teaching and learning. Facilitators have extensive experience with Investigations. Sessions involve doing math, looking deeply at math content, discussing and analyzing math teaching and learning, planning, looking at student work, and watching classroom video. Breakouts sessions are organized by content and grade band, and/or time to plan and work with your team.
The specific focus, logistics, tuition, and graduate credits available vary by offering; use the links above to learn more.
Hosting a workshop or institute allows everyone in your school or district the opportunity of a shared learning experience, without travel costs.
Have Questions? Contact us to learn more, for information on hosting a workshop, or to have a conversation about which offering might be best given your particular situation/needs.
These online courses offer a convenient and affordable opportunity to experience mathematics teaching and learning in an in-depth way. Participants engage weekly, at the times that work for them, on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. They interact with and get feedback from facilitators who have extensive experience with Investigations.
Length: 7 one-week sessions
Weekly Time Commitment: 4-6 hours per week
Certificate of Completion: 40 clock hours
Graduate Credit: 3 credits available for $225 from Framingham State University
- Sessions include doing math, watching classroom video, and analyzing student work.
- All readings, handouts, and virtual course notebook are provided.
- Participants share, collaborate, and reflect in a discussion forum.
- Participants interact with facilitators in the discussion forum and via email.
Have Questions? Contact us to learn more, for information on having a school- or district-only online course, or to have a conversation about which offering might be best given your particular situation/needs.
Work with us to design a customized professional development experience that meets the needs of your teachers, budget, and schedule. Possible focus:
- Develop a short- and long-term plan for implementation and professional development
- Develop and deepen participants’ math and pedagogical content knowledge
- Understand the Mathematical Practices of the Common Core
- Learn how to use observations to inform instruction, and how to engage students in productive mathematical discussions
- Experience collaborative coaching: participants preview a lesson, observe it in a classroom, and debrief together
- Help ELL and Special Education teachers support math learning for the range of learners
- Explore ways to engage and involve parents as partners in math teaching and learning
Have Questions? Contact us to talk about your goals and objectives. We will work with you to create a professional development plan that meets your needs and budget.
In these FREE 45-minute webinars, Investigations authors discuss one topic (e.g. assessment or review and practice in Investigations 3). Each Author Talk ends with a short Q&A focused on questions submitted by participants during registration.
Watch Previous Investigations Author Talks
Fall 2018 Offerings
- September 26 – November 14, 2018
Graduate Credit Available
Looking for PD?
Interested in hosting a Workshop or Institute? Contact us.
Join Our Mailing List
Learn about newly scheduled
professional development opportunities.