Investigations Professional Development
- Investigations 3 in the K-5 Classroom (4 days)
- Computational Fluency K-5 (2 days) NEW!
- Math Practices in Investigations 3 Institute: MP 1, 3, 5, 6 (2 days)
- Math Practices in Investigations 3 Institute: MP 2, 4, 7, 8 (2 days)
Our Workshops and Institutes offer hands-on, engaging experiences focused on the work that teachers/coaches/administrators do with their students/teachers around mathematics teaching and learning. Facilitators have extensive experience with Investigations. Sessions involve doing math, looking deeply at math content, discussing and analyzing math teaching and learning, planning, looking at student work, and watching classroom video.
The specific focus, logistics, tuition, and graduate credits available vary by offering; use the links above to learn more.
Interested in hosting your own workshop? Hosting a workshop or institute allows everyone in your school or district the opportunity for a shared learning experience, without travel costs. Contact us to learn more.
These 7-week asynchronous online courses offer a convenient and affordable opportunity to experience mathematics teaching and learning in an in-depth way. Sessions include doing math, watching classroom video, and analyzing student work. Participants engage weekly (approximately 4-6 hours), at the times that work for them, on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. They share, collaborate, and reflect with colleagues and interact with facilitators who have extensive experience with Investigations.
Have Questions? Contact us to learn more, or for information on scheduling a course for your school or district.
Work with us to design a customized professional development experience that meets the needs of your teachers, budget, and schedule. Possible focus:
- Develop a short- and long-term plan for implementation and professional development
- Develop and deepen participants’ math and pedagogical content knowledge
- Understand the Mathematical Practices of the Common Core
- Learn how to use observations to inform instruction, and how to engage students in productive mathematical discussions
- Experience collaborative coaching: participants preview a lesson, observe it in a classroom, and debrief together
- Help ELL and Special Education teachers support math learning for the range of learners
- Explore ways to engage and involve parents as partners in math teaching and learning
Have Questions? Contact us to talk about your goals and objectives. We will work with you to create a professional development plan that meets your needs and budget.
In these FREE 45-minute webinars, Investigations authors discuss one topic (e.g. assessment or review and practice in Investigations 3). Each Author Talk ends with a short Q&A focused on questions submitted by participants during registration.
Watch Investigations Author Talks
Summer 2019 Dates!
Workshops & Institutes
Computational Fluency K-5 (NEW!)
July 11–12, 2019
Investigations 3 in the K-5 Classroom
July 23–26, 2019
Math Practices: Institute 1
July 9–10, 2019
August 13–14, 2019
Math Practices: Institute 2
August 15–16, 2019
Implementing Investigations 3 in the K-5 Classroom
June 19 – August 7, 2019
Supporting Math Learning
June 19 – August 7, 2019
Want to hold a workshop, institute, or online course for just your school or district? Contact us.
Join Our Mailing List
Learn about newly scheduled
professional development opportunities.