Getting to Know Investigations 3
This two-day synchronous online workshop offers an overview of the content and pedagogy of the Investigations 3 curriculum and looks at the components and features that support both students and teachers. Four 3-hour sessions focus on understanding student thinking, computational fluency, assessment, and review and practice.
In this workshop, participants:
- learn how Investigations 3 helps students become mathematical thinkers and doers of mathematics
- explore the various features of a curriculum unit and grade level resources that can support their work with students
- do math as adult learners
- consider how students engage in and understand mathematics in the grade they teach and across the grades
- examine videos of Investigations classrooms in action and analyze student work
- work in various groupings (K-5, K-2/3-5, individual grade levels), depending on the task
Upcoming Workshops: July 12 – 13, 2022 or Aug 9 – 10, 2022
Tuition: $275 per participant until June 6th; $300 starting June 7th; $325 after registration closes, on July 1st and August 1st, respectively
Who Should Attend
Teachers, coaches, and others implementing (or considering implementing) Investigations for the first time; those who have some experience and want to learn more about the content of Investigations 3.
Participants receive a certificate for 12 contact hours or PDPs (MA only) upon completion of the workshop.
I appreciated the collaborative nature of the workshop–working with other teachers, hearing different perspectives, and analyzing student work together. As a first time user of Investigations I felt the philosophy, Guiding Principles, and ALL the Teacher Resources were expertly explained and gave me a good foundation for further self-exploration and professional development within Investigations.