Getting to Know Investigations 3
This two-day synchronous online workshop offers an overview of the content and pedagogy of the Investigations 3 curriculum and looks at the components and features that support both students and teachers. Four 3-hour sessions focus on understanding student thinking, computational fluency, assessment, and review and practice.
In this workshop, participants:
- learn how Investigations 3 helps students become mathematical thinkers and doers of mathematics
- explore the various features of a curriculum unit and grade level resources that can support their work with students
- do math as adult learners
- consider how students engage in and understand mathematics in the grade they teach and across the grades
- examine videos of Investigations classrooms in action and analyze student work
- work in various groupings (K-5, K-2/3-5, individual grade levels), depending on the task
Upcoming Workshops: Summer 2023 Registration opens April 15, 2023
Tuition: $300 per participant
Who Should Attend
Teachers, coaches, and others implementing (or considering implementing) Investigations for the first time; those who have some experience and want to learn more about the content of Investigations 3.
Participants receive a certificate for 12 contact hours or PDPs (MA only) upon completion of the workshop.
“I appreciated the collaborative nature of the workshop–working with other teachers, hearing different perspectives, and analyzing student work together. As a first time user of Investigations I felt the philosophy, Guiding Principles, and ALL the Teacher Resources were expertly explained and gave me a good foundation for further self-exploration and professional development within Investigations.”