Investigations Professional Development
These two-day synchronous online workshops offer the opportunity to learn about Investigations 3, in real time. Participants do math, analyze classroom video, and interpret student work in each 3-hour session. They share, collaborate, and reflect with colleagues, and interact with experienced Investigations facilitators.
These 7-week asynchronous online courses offer a convenient and flexible opportunity to experience mathematics teaching and learning in an in-depth way. Sessions include doing math, watching classroom video, and analyzing student work. Participants engage weekly (approximately 4-6 hours), at the times that work for them, on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. They share, collaborate, and reflect with colleagues and interact with facilitators who have extensive experience with Investigations.
- Implementing Investigations 3 in the K-5 Classroom
- Supporting Math Learning
- Making Sense of Fractions
Host a workshop for your school or district. Hosting a workshop allows everyone in your school or district the opportunity for a shared learning experience.
Our Workshops offer hands-on, engaging experiences focused on the work that teachers/coaches/administrators do with their students/teachers around mathematics teaching and learning. Facilitators have extensive experience with Investigations. Sessions involve doing math, looking deeply at math content, discussing and analyzing math teaching and learning, planning, looking at student work, and watching classroom video.
The specific focus, logistics, tuition, and graduate credits available vary by offering; use the links below to learn more.
Work with us to design a customized professional development experience that meets the needs of your teachers, budget, and schedule. Possible focus:
- Develop a short- and long-term plan for implementation and professional development
- Develop and deepen participants’ math and pedagogical content knowledge
- Understand the Mathematical Practices of the Common Core
- Learn how to use observations to inform instruction, and how to engage students in productive mathematical discussions
- Experience collaborative coaching: participants preview a lesson, observe it in a classroom, and debrief together
- Help ELL and Special Education teachers support math learning for the range of learners
- Explore ways to engage and involve parents as partners in math teaching and learning
Have Questions? Contact us to talk about your goals and objectives. We will work with you to create a professional development plan that meets your needs and budget.
These Burst sessions are short, engaging talks by Investigations authors, focused on high-interest topics common to all educators. Each Series consists of several 30-minute sessions, targeting a specific aspect of instruction. Sessions feature examples from the curriculum and anecdotes from real classrooms.
Watch recordings of past Series
Watch Investigations Author Talks
Online This Fall
Implementing Investigations 3 in the K-5 Classroom
October 5 – November 22, 2022
Supporting Math Learning
October 5 – November 22, 2022
Want to hold a workshop or online course for just your school/district? Contact us.
Join Our Mailing List
Learn about newly scheduled
professional development opportunities.