Implementing Investigations 3 in the K-5 Classroom
In this 7-week course, participants learn about the content and pedagogy of Investigations 3. Through online interactive activities and discussions, participants develop a solid understanding of the curriculum. They explore key mathematical concepts K-5, and consider how to effectively support student learning. « Return to Online Courses
Upcoming Course: September 26 – November 14, 2018
Tuition: $450 per participant
Have Questions? Contact us to learn more, for information on hosting a workshop, or to have a conversation about which offering might be best given your particular situation/needs.
In This Course, Participants…
- Examine how the teaching and learning of important math ideas progresses K-5 in Investigations 3.
- Explore how students’ developing understandings of counting, place value, and the operations intertwine, and help them solve problems.
- Work with the representations and contexts that students use to make sense of the base ten number system, the operations, and rational numbers.
- See how students classify and measure shapes.
- Examine videos of Investigations classrooms in action and analyze student work.
- Consider how Investigations 3 aligns with the Common Core Content Standards and how students engage in the Math Practices throughout the curriculum.
I am always a bit skeptical of online courses… but this was better than some courses I’ve taken in an actual physical classroom!
— II3 Online Course Participant
Who Should Attend
K-5 teachers, coaches, and staff implementing Investigations 3 for the first time; people who have some experience with Investigations and want to learn more about the content of Investigations 3.
Receive a certificate indicating 40 clock hours upon completion of the course.
3 graduate credits available through Framingham State University, for an addition fee of $225 paid to FSU. Information and applications are available the first week of the course.